Easy to log in

• Idea
  • Updated 2 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: SS App mentions

Each time I use the phone app to log in the self serve, I must put in the username and password at the same time if I do not tick the "keep me logged in. I think it is better to set up an option like " Remember me", so that i could just need to put in password.
Photo of Hongxing Lin

Hongxing Lin

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,464 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That would be a good suggestion but I don't think the application is used by many in order to justify this modification unfortunately
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 75,528 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@ Hongximg are you talking about the Koodo app or login into your account via a browser on your phone?
Photo of Hongxing Lin

Hongxing Lin

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am talking about the koodo app on my phone.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 88,974 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you use the Keychain, it will automatically insert your credentials at login saving you that step. You would have to set a code to unlock your phone or enable Touch ID.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

Folks, what am I not getting here? 'Keep me logged in' and 'Remember me'
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Normally "Keep me logged in" does exactly that, it keeps a person logged in until they physically logout.

"Remember me" usually means the site remembers the email address but not the password.

The first one is probably slightly less secure, but much easier because all you need to do is click the app and you're there, no need to type in a password first.

No idea how the app works, but if "Keep me logged in" works the way I described above, I'm not sure why it is suggested to change it to "Remember me" :)
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

Agreed. Hence my confusion. :-) Clicking on 'keep me logged in' achieves easy log in.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That's what made me puzzled too... It doesn't get easier than that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.