Easy Roam over $100 limit

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
So I will be going to Japan for 2 weeks in November and this new Easy Roam feature seems like a very good feature that I'll use for my trip. Since my trip is going to 14 days, I was wondering what will happen once I pass the $100 limit. Will I be able to continue using Easy Roam at no charge (like Fido & Rogers) or will I be reverted back to pay per use for my remaining 4 days?
Photo of Jasper

Jasper

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 months ago

Photo of Cory

Cory

• 10,482 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can continue to use you plan as normal. The charges are capped at $100, the usage isn’t. :)
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Local is always an option if you keep a VoIP like Fongo. I use it for travel only.
Photo of Jan Hope

Jan Hope

• 4,356 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
@Ivan

Can you explain how you use Fongo while travelling abroad?  I only know how free version work locally in Canada.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 31,544 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Fongo works when you have access to internet (locally or abroad). Texting is extra $ but cheap. When you are traveling, you could buy a local SIM with data plan, and forward your Canadian number to Fongo (with the forwarding addon) so all call will forward to fongo, you could also use Fongo to call Canadian number free while traveling. The only problem is texting. Your contacts need to send text to your fongo number, or you will need t another phone to see incoming texts from your cell number.

Another step to remember is to set forwarding call while you are in Canada, don't set it while you are abroad. :)
(Edited)
Photo of Jan Hope

Jan Hope

• 4,356 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
@Azure123

That indeed can be a good alternative for those with financial restraints and looking for a great roaming savings
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 89,276 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's what I do as well. I'm not even that concerned with the texting. I give my Fongo number or I just text from whatever local sim card I'm using as more and more people have international texting included. That's if they don't use messaging services. There aren't may left that don't in Canada.