e911 wireless home phone

• Question
  • Updated 7 months ago
  • Answered
i have WHP. Does WHP support 911 Phase II ?  
Photo of roy jewell

roy jewell

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

• 18,166 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Roy,

The Wireless Home Phone supports 911. Please click here: http://koo.do/2aRs8mq and visit the Nitty Gritty section at the bottom of the page to confirm the government 911 fee for your province of residency. 

Hope this helps!
Photo of Jerry E. Canning

Jerry E. Canning

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Is it just 911 where you have to provide name and address or enhanced 911 (E911)  where if you can't speak it will display your name and address at the 911 call center
Photo of Lolander

Lolander

• 60 Points
When I click on that link it says "that page cannot be found".
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/e911-and-t911

All Koodo services support 911. The Koodo Home Phone is technically a "fixed" cell phone as is treated the same with regard to 911 cals.
Photo of roy jewell

roy jewell

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
A landline has a fixed civic address registered with the 911 call centre.  i am not aware the WHP has a requirement to register, add, or change the fixed civic address registered with the 911 call centre.  i am not aware the WHP cellular terminal has the ability to provide current geographic location information to the 911 call centre.  The WHP could be located several thousand kilometres from the account billing address.  E911 is capable of providing the callers approximate geographic location to the 911 call centre.  The unanswered answer question remains: Does the Koodo WHP provide the same E911 Phase 2 location information to the 911 call centre as regular cell phones.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 88,942 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
From what I have found, at best the WHP geolocation is by cell tower triangulation, not GPS. All suppliers state you will likely need to provide the address from which you are calling. Thus likely not the level of accuracy provided by a smart phone, but likely the same as a flip phone.
E911 accuracy is within 300 metres, so still pretty granular.