Downloading Contacts from a Nokia Lumia 610

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My Nokia Lumia 610 has a cracked screen and I'd like to get my contact list off of it. Is there a way to download it to my computer?
Photo of Rae-dene Pednaud

Rae-dene Pednaud

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 140,052 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Should be able to do it using Zune.
Photo of Rae-dene Pednaud

Rae-dene Pednaud

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I can download my music and pictures but can't figure out how to download the contacts.
Photo of Boolanger

Boolanger

• 9,234 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
With Windows Phone all of your contacts get sync'd to your hotmail account that you setup with the phone.
If you go to the hotmail/outlook web portal then to people. Under manage there should be an export option. This will export or contact to a CSV file.

If you get another WP then you don't need to export as they will import once you setup the account on the new device.
Photo of Bogdan Dumitrascu

Bogdan Dumitrascu

• 60 Points
thank you. it was really helpful. I have the same cracked screen
Photo of Jen

Jen

• 60 Points
I have the same problem but when I tried to sign into my outlook/live account on my new windows nokia phone it has locked me out as 'there may be someone else accessing my account'. I am battling with Microsoft to get access to my account but is there a way of backing up to my computer?
My new Windows phone isn't compatible with Zune either which is really annoying!
Photo of NayaRobinson

NayaRobinson

• 70 Points
Yes, you can download contacts from Nokia Lumia 610 to computer through Gmail.
1. Create a Gmail Account.
2. Export your Old VCard files to the Gmail Account.
3. Now Import them from Gmail to your PC again.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please don't revive 2 year old posts :)
Photo of grampad

grampad

• 1,876 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
If your screen is not too badly cracked to use and you have a Google account just add the Google account to your phone. In the settings of the Google account on your phone you can sync contacts from the phone to the Google account. Then when you get a new device set up the Google account on the new phone and voila your contacts will automatically sync when you have access to the account.
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As Ivan mentioned. This topic is old.. But good info guys!
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.