double charged, refund me please..

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I get a refund?.. I used a prepay voucher to top up by dialling *611 and when it went through koodo automaticallyrenewed my base plan and charged me $15 for that base plan. But i actually wanted to try the $25 base plan so i changed it during that same top up call. And now i find that i have been charged for both the $15 AND the $25 plan. *I thought this must be a mistake but now I see that on the website it explains they do that but they do not tell you this when you use the phone service. Come on Koodo charging a whole month for a base plan with all the same features as the one I upgraded to is a bit cheeky dont you think, you are basically charging me for a whole month of a plan i had for 2 MINUTES?!? You could have warned me at least. Im visiting from New Zealand and am absolutely shocked at the level of service and cost of mobile services in Canada, but this type of blatant rip off is beyond crazy! AND Koodo charge $5 just to speak to a customer service rep! Wow. I bet those poor guys regularly get an earful when the company has such unfair and unhelful policies and charges! Come on Koodo im sure you can do better than this? In the meantime please text me (I can't afford a talk booster now my $50 top up money is almost all used on this base plan fiasco (and another $10 is also gone, I don't know where? I had $55 when I topped up now there is $10??? And it says I have no boosters). So can you please text me to sort this out ASAP.
Photo of anna carter

anna carter

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Pretty angry actually

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,114 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You'll have to call customer service and talk to them as this is a community of customers just like yourself helping other customers with things other than billing discrepancies.

Give Koodo customer service a call and they'll be able to explain and/or correct the charges. You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. You can also call from your mobile phone by dialing *611.
Hours of Operation
Monday − Friday: 10am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Photo of Melissa

Melissa

• 3,184 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
First off calm down. You can try and have it fixed but general rule is if you want to make changes to your pre paid always do it the day before your expiry and that way that won't happen.

Again as you said your from a different country so yeah things are different here.
(Edited)
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
As far as I know, the charge to speak to a customer service rep is only for things that you can do for yourself via Self Serve. A billing dispute is something that you cannot resolve yourself and there should be no charge. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,486 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I did the same once... I was refunded too. Just stay polite and explain it calmly, they are humans on the other side of the line :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.