Does Tab Small really pay off $150 phone in 24 months?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
For the Tab, either my math is off or I misread something.

If I buy a $150 phone on the tab, and they put 15% of $29 per month against it, that's $4.35/month, which takes 35 months to reach $150. But the website says it will pay it off in 24 months.

What did I misread?
Photo of SE Schoen

SE Schoen

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You didn't misread anything and your math is not off. The tab gets cleared after 24 months, no matter if it's a tab S/M/L. Any remaining balance is wiped at that point.

If you have a tab from before the new system, that one does not get cleared and some of those could take over 4 years to pay off.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,006 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Note that according to the Wireless code of conduct if you are under the old system that your contract will effectively be over and tab zeroed by no later than 3 June 2015.

"369. The Commission finds that where an obligation relates to a specific contractual relationship between a WSP and a customer, the Wireless Code should apply if the contract is entered into, amended, renewed, or extended on or after 2 December 2013. In addition, in order to ensure that all consumers are covered by the Wireless Code within a reasonable time frame, the Wireless Code should apply to all contracts, no matter when they were entered into, by no later than 3 June 2015."
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Nice addition. I did not know that. :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.