Does Koodo support BB Bold 9900 plans?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Hi there so I was thinking about switching to Koodo however I need to know if Koodo supports Blackberry devices that require specific plans. I am wanting to buy a Blackberry Bold 9900 (Unlocked) online but I heard that the plan needs to be set up according to the device. Does Koodo support this phone and a plan that will allow me to use BBM, app world, etc...???

P.S. I think the plan option I am thinking of is called BIS (Blackberry Internet Service).

You can also read an article regarding the issue I am inquiring about here if it helps: http://crackberry.com/dear-berry-how-...
Photo of Brandon Horton

Brandon Horton

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes
Koodo offers the BlackBerry Internet Service Provision

BIS
Photo of Brandon Horton

Brandon Horton

Okay so if I right now decided I am going to buy a BB Bold 9900 unlocked (I am probably going to wait a bit to see if I can fix my current phone or not) and then switch over to Koodo once I got it I can get a plan that works then... Sounds good.
Photo of Brandon Horton

Brandon Horton

Okay cool! Thank you!
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Oh just a heads up, BIS isn't available for prepaid. Also the bold you buy needs to be compatible with the frequencies koodo uses. Not every bold is the same.

Koodo uses 3G/Umts/hspa 850/1900 mhz bands. They do not have a 2G GSM network.
Photo of Brandon Horton

Brandon Horton

I just purchased this one here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/360944590837?s... so idk it uses 3G so maybe...
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

According to the specs it should
Photo of Brandon Horton

Brandon Horton

K cool

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.