Does my Canada-Wide 6GB plan qualify for a -360 tab?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

I have a plan I signed up for back in 2012 that I absolutely love. I was able to keep this plan, go on a Tab Medium ($300) in 2014 which resulted in a $5.00 charge on my bill. 

Once I pay off this tab, am I allowed to put $360 on my Tab while keeping my 2012 plan?
Photo of Lindsay

Lindsay

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • curious

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,704 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you can keep your plan :)
And your tab charge will be $15/mo for next 24 months.
Photo of Lindsay

Lindsay

Thanks for your prompt response! Yikes, this new tab system is not worth it. A $10 dollar increase on my bill for 2 years just for a $60 increase on my tab, and nothing to come out of Koodo rewarding 15% of my plan back to pay off the tab.
(Edited)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yeah but your plan will never be beat at this point because nobody has 6GB anywhere close to that price. I pay $99 for it on Rogers with approx $20 going towards a device each month.

You're welcome to just purchase the device straight up from Koodo as well.
Photo of Lindsay

Lindsay

I think the best option is to buy the phone out and either start positive tab for my next device or get a tab discount, if both options still exists.

I'm looking at value rather than comparative costs. Better benefits come from paying off a $300 tab through a $5 monthly charge and percentage contribution rewarded back, than switching to this new $360 tab which requires a $15 monthly charge and not percentage reward. In the former I'm paying $5 for a $15 tab pay off, in the latter I'm paying $25 for a $15 tab pay off (I lose about $10 a month without Koodo rewarding me back 15% of my plan).

You're not wrong though, any plan that wants 6GB will cost $100+.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.