Does koodoo limit your time on phone calls? My phone has started automatically hanging up at 8 hours and I have unlimited calling?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • anxious

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It might, is it exactly at the 8hr mark?
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

Yes (well within seconds) It used to do this at the 24 hour mark (I would occasionally be on that long) then for the past couple of months at the 12 hour mark, now it seems to be 8 hours....I know it seems excessive and silly but I pay to have unlimited US calling because my fiance lives in the States and I have a severe anxiety condition...it help me to have him on the phone sometimes while we are just working around the house ect or even at night beside me while I sleep...is there any way I can get this fixed? I understand why they would do it, and 12 hours and can handle....but 8 hours is driving my anxiety....
(Edited)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Okay, thanks for being so honest first off.

Seriously though I can't answer if it can be 'fixed' the way you like but I would ask if you've considered possibly using a WiFi connected call over Skype when you're both home. Skype to Skype calls are free and you wouldn't be using koodo network resources. Since you likely have a smartphone , the Skype app could be used...or you could call over facebookb messenger as well. Both those apps could be left open. And the call quality over that type of connection is great. You could even see him whenever he's near his phone if you turn on video chat.

I highly recommend Facebook Messenger calls. It's like you're in the same room together if you use a Bluetooth or other type speaker.

I'm a long distance trucker and sometime I call my wife and we just listen to whateeach other is doing. I hear the TV or her walking around or cooking.

I kinda get where you're coming from. :)
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

Thank you for understanding. :) It is very difficult dealing with this condition itself, made more difficult in a long distance (500 miles) relationship. I love koodoo and the service is great. We do use Skype but unfortunately where I live my WiFi kind of bounces in and out and the signal is not always great. And we do the same thing, just listening to what the other is doing around the house makes us feel closer...as if we are together even so far apart. Maybe if I call someone at customer service I can explain and get some answers? Thank you for answering my question :)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

WiFi you have some control over. If it's bouncing in and out try installing another router in your home as a bridge to boost the signal.
Photo of Tiz

Tiz

• 4,604 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
If you are on Xplornet (satellite service or disservice, as I named it) you have no chances. My internet speed, as per agreement, should be up to 5 Mbps. Up to, some smartass from Xplornet explained to me, means from 0 to 5 Mbps. Actually, when I am very lucky, I get 2 to 2.3 Mbps. This might explain why you can hardly use Skype.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,898 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Curious what phone you have that can last 24 hours of non stop being on a call without the battery dying ?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Probably plugged in.
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 that gets great battery usage, but yes I do have it plugged in :) Again thanks for understanding my weird question...most people just think I am strange and question why I would need to be on the phone for so long. It's awkward and actually embarrassing to explain so I usually just try to hide the fact...
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

Also I will point out I do work so it is not all the time everyday... :)
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Nope not weird at all. It's how you do you. All good.
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

Is there anyway of deleting this of of here. You have been very understanding of me, but one of the answers under here has me really upset and very frightened now...I just wanted reassurance and I feel I have made a mistake a made things worse...
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,772 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
So when it hangs up are you able to call again?
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

Yes immediately and have no problems....and it seems to be random...it will cut off at 8 hours a few times, then the next couple, will be 12, then longer...I have days where I work a lot of hours and am hardly on the phone. ...not many people would do this I realize so I'm sure there are very few who would know the answer to this...it could be coincidence but it is exactly on the hour mark...not a big deal but hard to explain when you have anxiety like mine...I unfortunately worry about everything...
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

I do have to say the Koodoo has exceeded my expectations as a phone company though. I was having a lot of problems with my Rogers bill, having to call and argue with them month after month. When I called to cancel and switch to Koodoo, the Rogers rep told me I would have tons of problems with dropped calls, no reception when travelling to the US, no US data plans ect...all not true....
Photo of Loki

Loki

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
If you have another phone, put your sim card in that phone and see if the call cuts off. if it does, then it might be Koodo. If it does not, then it might be your S4.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You may be using your plan in a manner contrary to a fair use policy or expectation, which many suppliers publish on their websites. Koodo may include this in their fine print 'terms and conditions'. This may be why your call is cut off after certain time periods. A web search using the term will give lots of examples; or a review of your contract with Koodo might also provide info.

I echo Chad Burr's suggestion of finding a suitable communications tool which can be used while connected to your hardwire-based internet package. Such a tool (app) would allow you to connect with your fiancé or friends on a regular, on-going basis, without exceeding written or assumed fair use expectations of a cellular phone system.
(Edited)
Photo of Leanne

Leanne

Thank you. I will try that. Although now I am really upset that I posted here at all...I don't want to be doing anything illegal, and now I am really worried that someone at Koodoo is going to read this and I have just made it worse. I know you don't understand and no one knows me here, with my anxiety I am scared now. Is there any way of deleting this question. I am sorry I asked...
Photo of Loki

Loki

check this link out. It seems it is pretty simple to delete your post.
https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/how-do-i-delete-my-comments-and-posts-in-the-koodo-co....
(Edited)
Photo of Loki

Loki

There should be a small option at the bottom of your posts that says "remove". Hope that helps posted according to Daniel Kim a mobile master.
Photo of Loki

Loki

If someone comments or reply to your post. It is not possible to delete. 
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,798 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Can't learn if you don't ask. You asked about your phone calls being cut off after some hours, and I offered one explanation. You now have further information on which to inquire more deeply, or plan for other options.

No malice intended, just sharing information.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,772 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You are doing nothing wrong Leanne. I would do the same thing with my plan. And I have used my unlimited minutes for many hours in the past
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,898 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Don't worry about trying to delete it before Koodo sees it as I can tell you they already have and if there was any issue they would have chimed in already so your good.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.