Do you guys unlock phones? or would I have to get it unlocked before bringing it.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I already have a plan, and a phone on a Koodo tab, but I want to use my SIM Card with my new Motorola RAZR HD, so I was wondering if you guys are able to do the phone unlocking yourself or I would have to get it unlocked somewhere else?
Photo of thaghost101

thaghost101

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 192,182 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Koodo can only unlock Koodo phones. If the phone is locked to another carrier you will have to unlock it elsewhere
Photo of thaghost101

thaghost101

Exactly what I needed to know, Thanks for the lightning fast response, Dennis.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,874 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can try cellunlocker.net or GSMLiberty.com they're both great for unlocking phones fast and for a decent price.
Photo of Bene Smiles

Bene Smiles

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Why is it cheaper with 3rd parties to unlock phones than with the carrier themselves. I need to unlock a Telus phone- debating about going to telus to unlock it or 3rd party. Is there a small downside unlocking with a 3rd party?
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,582 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd just like to add that Koodo isn't unique in not offering unlocking services for devices locked to other networks. Other carriers have the same policy.
Photo of tummysink

tummysink

• 250 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Carriers are more expensive because they are giving you the factory unlock, where as going through a 3rd party they (typically) unlock it by jailbreaking your software which voids your warranty and is also reset when you do a software update. Telus will unlock devices for $35.00 so typically they only will do it when the phone is still active because they have no other way to charge for it.
Photo of Bene Smiles

Bene Smiles

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
OH! I see. Thanks.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Ummm no? I've unlocked several devices through cellunlocker.net and they stayed that way and it did not do any sort of software tomfoolery to do it, either. Jailbreaking is only on iPhones and that is a warranty voider because it actually hacks the software to do things to the OS not authorized by Apple. An unlock code doesn't do that.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Wow tummysink that's so wrong whoever gave him a star please take the star back as it's completely not true and could confuse ppl. Johnathan is completely right and your mixing things up tummysink.
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
tummysink is technically right when talking about iPhones if you get it done offline. A few ifs there but in a certain situation that is true.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

The OP is talking about an android phone not an iPhone. That aside your saying that when you pay a 3rd party service like cellunlocker.net to unlock your iPhone they can jailbreak it remotely and unlock it and that how they unlock it?
Photo of jhuiohjuio

jhuiohjuio

Hi you can easily unlock your motorola razr hd mobile through online unlocking service. If you need unlock code you can visit this site http://www.simpleunlocking.com/motoro... here you can get the code and unlock your mobile easily. To get the code you have to mentioned which country is locked now,network provider and imei number. Then they send unlock code through email.
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Nobody use this ^ it's SPAM

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.