Do I pay first months up front if I qualify for a $150 tab ?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
If I goto Best Buy to purchase the Moto G phone, are there any upfront costs or do I sign a contract and begin paying at the end of each monthly cycle or do I pay first month right away ?
Photo of Mitchell Dedrick

Mitchell Dedrick

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
There is no contract with Koodo. You walk in and get the phone for free on the 150 tab and you walk out after it is activated. A few days later there will be a bill for the first few days of service and one month in advance. Standard practice with most, if not all, providers.

Mitchell Dedrick

Excellent, thank you. I will take the trip over to best buy, just didn't want to waste part of the day since I don't get paid for another 7 days.

This phone seems like a bargain and $42 per month for minutes/text/data is almost as good at Chatr's $45 anytime minutes w/data plan, except chatr has absolute crap phones!

Have a nice day.
Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Same to you :)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Forget Best Buy, they don't know what they're doing :P

Mitchell Dedrick

I have a $25 BB gift card so I was hoping to pay $25 towards my TAB right away, but there is a Koodo in Willowbrook mall which is in the same vicinity. I think I got bad credit cause I have a student loan in collections!!! Ya play ya pay !!!
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,026 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Remember, they will run a credit check on you. So don't forget to bring proper ID :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.