• Updated 2 weeks ago
Photo of april

april

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Mats

Mats

• 18,028 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If it says $580 down it has to be paid right away.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 38,132 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi April,
If you are looking at the number in the sentence when you select a Tab "You'll pay $580 for your phone and put the rest ($480.00) on your Tab" then the $580 is the amount you have to pay when you order the phone.
Photo of april

april

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can get one from Rogers and they will put the amount for the phone on my bill so I don't have to pay it right out
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,094 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For example (Using the S9 and 2GB plans)
Rogers:
Premium+: $0 + $110/month * 2 years = $2640
Premium: $199 + $100/month * 2 years = $2599
Smart: $599 + $90/month * 2 years = $2759

Koodo:
Extra Large: ($30/month + $80/month) * 2 years = $2640
Large: $200 + ($20/month + $80/month) * 2 years = $2600
Medium: $620 + ($15/month + $45/month) * 2 years = $2060
Small: $740 + ($10/month + $45/month) * 2 years = $2060

If you can afford the extra money up front, you can save $600-$700+tax.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 190,770 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This link will help explain the tab

https://www.koodomobile.com/tab
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 16,776 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@April. Rogers has $0 down phones as well as lots of phones that require $100, $200, or more down. If you buy one of those phones the down payment has to be paid right away or at the latest it will be on your 1st bill. Your daughter probably bought a $0 down phone and the rest of the cost is spread out on her monthly bill for 2 years.

Koodo does the same thing but it's called a tab. One good thing about the tab is that after 2 years when it's paid off your monthly bill drops. With a Rogers plan your bill doesn't go down even if the phone is paid off. The link Dennis gave you explains it.

Koodo has phones that are $0 down and some require a down payment.
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones?IN...
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 16,776 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@April. Rogers has $0 down phones as well as lots of phones that require $100, $200, or more down. If you buy one of those phones the down payment has to be paid right away or at the latest it will be on your 1st bill. Your daughter probably bought a $0 down phone and the rest of the cost is spread out on her monthly bill for 2 years.

Koodo does the same thing but it's called a tab. One good thing about the tab is that after 2 years when it's paid off your monthly bill drops. With a Rogers plan your bill doesn't go down even if the phone is paid off. The link Dennis gave you explains it.

Koodo has phones that are $0 down and some require a down payment.
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones?IN...
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 93,692 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I would also take a long and hard look at midrange phones. Something like the galaxy a8 is currently available for 360 on tab medium zero up front. If you cannot afford to pay 500-600 upfront for a flagship phone, then you don't want to use the way for a tab large or whatever higher tier tabs with Rogers to pay several hundred more over 24 months. Mid range phones are very good these days and are on par with the capabilities of flagships from 1-2 years ago with better battery lives.