DISHONEST COMPANY

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I had a cellphone with them. All was fine.
Then i received an email telling me they are giving me a new cellphone free of charge. I took the offer. When i got the new phone, i realized it was not free, they were putting 200$ or so on the Tab. So i returned the new phone and told them i was going the keep using my old phone. All was fine.

After a few months, i did not need to have a cellphone and i cancelled the service. Again after a few months, i wanted to get my service back, called Koodo, they said they were putting my service back on.

After maybe 3 weeks, my service was still not back on. i called them, and they realized they activated the wrong phone.  They activated the phone that i returned them back, a while ago.
But they wanted me to pay for the period that they activated the wrong phone! I told them i would not pay that period, but he insisted i pay, so I closed the account.

It would be like if i get cable and the cable company make a mistake and put cable at my neighbor. After 1 month they realize their error but want me to pay for the month my neighbor had cable.

Because of that, I don't have service with Koodo anymore, but on their record they still have me has someone that did not pay his bill. Terrible.
Photo of frenchmanontheporch .

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 86,094 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you mena they activated a line, and not a phone? Also, if you are not at fault and it wasn't used, you could have attempted to escalate it to get resolution. If you continue to not pay, it will very likely go to collections and wreck your credit score. I would attempt to fix this ASAP.
that was in 2014, or even before. After 3 weeks of calling them, they told me they activated the new phone that i returned to them many months before. For my credit, I'm not too worry, my bank just told me i have very good credit.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,012 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Why would you wait 3 weeks before calling to say it wasn't working? If its activated, its immediate 9 out of 10 times. After a day or so, you should have contacted Koodo to resolve it. I agree you shouldn't have to pay for the whole time. But definitely some of it as how was Koodo supposed to know you weren't active if you dont let them know. I would call back, and discuss possible payments as if you dont, like Goran said above, it will go to collections and its not worth it.
that was in 2014. i did call many times, they kept telling me, "it will be working tomorrow". its after 3-4 weeks that they realized they activated the wrong phone.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 180,954 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I hope you resolved your issue from 2 years ago.
You seem to work for koodo. Do you? You have only been on since Feb. I've been. A customer since 2007 quit telling me what to do or even mentioning my name. You have no right to criticise anyone on the forum.

Get a job.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

I don't work for Koodo.

And I call BS. Koodo only started as a company in 2008
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 86,044 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Plus don't be rude. Unless it says "employee" the person does not work for Koodo and you don't know how long anyone here has been a customer unless they tell you, if it were to even matter.

Get a job? Srsly?
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,486 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi there,

Feel free to send us an email (http://koo.do/1JEWXST) so we can look into this. Just make sure to select "Social Media" as a category and log into your Self Serve account to confirm that we can access the account. We will assist you.

Thanks!
ok, will do that, thx
Photo of Ricky

Ricky

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Ricky

Ricky

Here another supper dupper mistake my plan you can see another photo I attached
(Edited)
Photo of Ricky

Ricky

Photo of Ricky

Ricky

This what I am crying to fix my bill but stupid Custmer service I ever had with Koodo they don't understand seem like blind stupid I am sorry to use hard words but no choice
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Try to log into Self Serve via web browser and download your PDF eBill.  There is more details in that pdf ebill that might answer some of your question.

if this is your first bill, it could be pro-ration.

http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

I meant to add earlier by the looks of your overages, I that's a regular usage pattern pattern for you th you should consider getting a higher tier plan, especially if a good chunk of the 40 in extra charges is data related.
Photo of Ricky

Ricky

I did talk to customer service and the time she tell me they restore my service I have free 500mb to use but my intra mint only 250 but now you can see they put 21 dollars for Internet what us that.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

I do not see a $21 charge in the screen shot you have attached.  Have you checked out page 3 of your pdf ebill?

Could you also start your own thread Ricky?  I was confused and I thought you and Frenchmanontheporch were the same person.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

Wow I totally didn't catch on either.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.