Didn't use my phone for a few days,,,,turned it on and......

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
My Nexus 5 only shows Google, then the splash screen,,,,seems to freeze there. Does that mean my phone is locked out? How do I rectify this?
Photo of mike harde

mike harde

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Try pulling the battery and sim out out while the phone is turned on. How long ago did you get the phone?you'll have 15 days to return it from the point of purchase if there's issue with the cell phone. Otherwise you might have to take it in for repair.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 143,326 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Can't remove the battery on a nexus 5.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,214 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you try rooting and flashing a custom ROM because it sounds like you've bricked your device?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Okay let's assume you didn't root it nor did you try flashing an alternate firmware. Unless you did. And if that's the case whoops. But let's assume no.

You'll want to reset the device via recovery.

Follow these instructions to do so

This will delete all of your data:

If your phone is on, turn it off.
Press & hold the Volume Down and Volume Up buttons, and then press & hold the Power button simultaneously until the phone turns on. You'll see the word "Start" with an arrow drawn around it.
Press the Volume Down button twice to highlight Recovery mode.
Press the Power button to start Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
While holding the Power button, press the Volume Up button.
Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.
Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
Note: If at any point during the above steps your phone becomes unresponsive, you can restart it by holding down the power button for several seconds.

Now let's say you DID root and rom the device.

Boot into the recovery that you installed by using the same general key combination as above.

You'll want to format the cache partition and perform a data wipe.

Next go to advanced and wipe the dalvik cache.

Reboot the device. This boot will take longer because it's equivalent to a first boot.

If you took a nandroid backup (and you should have) of the original firmware, I suggest you restore it.
Photo of mike harde

mike harde

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I bought the phone about 6 months ago so the return policy is a non issue. Also, tried pulling the sim card with no luck,,,so far can't figure out how to get the battery out yet....googled it without any results.....ended up getting the phone re-booted,,,,lost all my info though,,,,thanks for the reply
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The battery is not removable...glad to hear you got it working

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.