deleted photo on lg

• Question
  • Updated 10 months ago
  • Answered
I have an LG G4 and accidentally deleted a photo.
Can I still recover it? 
Photo of Jaki

Jaki

• 202 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of grampad

grampad

• 1,876 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I've done the exact same thing from time to time and it's sad and annoying. Where was this photo stored on your phone? Do you have a cloud account like DropBox that uploads your photo's as you take them? If so then you can access that acct and download the photo again if not .... once deleted it is gone, gone forever. Can someone else send you a copy of that photo? 
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 94,044 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Assuming you have no cloud storage backups, you basically need to root you phone and use programs like this to recover:
https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-rec...
Photo of Jaki

Jaki

Have you used this software on the LG? this looks like a sponsored/spam post.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 94,044 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No I have not. It seems to be legitimate, and is not the only link on using it. The only issue I would say is that it hides the cost to actually recover, whereas there is a non root one you can use but apparently charges 70 dollars to actually recover the file. So maybe not then unless it's worth that much to you.
Photo of Jaki

Jaki

This is frustrating. My computer has a recycle bin and gives me a warning to make sure I want to delete pic.  why don't phones especially now that we use them so much for photos.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,682 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Because they expect you to use a cloud service to back up things on your device such as Google photos. Some phones are set to automatically back pictures up to there so you could log into your Google account and see if there is anything there but chances are it's not if you haven't set it up to. Download Google Photos and set it up to automatically back up photos when you connect to a wifi connection to not use your Koodo data but you can set it up to backup as soon as you take the photo if you wish. Google Photos is great it's free to download and free unlimited storage so it costs you nothing but gives you piece of mind this will not happen again.
Photo of Jaki

Jaki

Thankyou Paul, I never used a cloud service since I worried about sharing my photos due to privacy & image copyright concerns. But I guess I'll have to. 
Photo of henan

henan

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Maybe you can have a try of Recuva, I think that is a goog choice for data recovery. And some people also recommend DiskDigger. Anyway, if you really want the deleted photo back, you should try every method, no matter they are free or paid. Those recovery tools can also have the possibility to  recover deleted photos I think.
(Edited)
Photo of Masceefer

Masceefer

• 60 Points
 Any phone operation time will be read from a memory card , your photos can also be read by it , to recover deleted photos Android , you can check your memory card
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 93,954 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please don't necro old threads just to plug a recovery service.
Photo of michellekim

michellekim

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The more you use the phone, the more you reduce the chances of recovering deleted photos on LG phone.
The internal storage partition (/sdcard/) is used by apps, as well as for storing downloads, music, photos and videos.
The photos can be recovered as long as they space they currently occupy has not been overwritten by new files.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,194 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Michelle. On the forums, we try not to revive posts that have either already been answered or havent been commented on in awhile. Just thought I'd let you know as this was the third one in a row you revived.
(Edited)