Delayed Inbox Texts.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Texts sent to me March 21 and March 25 were received March 26. Why? Problem with phone? Or service?
Photo of Bryan Bradley Brost

Bryan Bradley Brost

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
More likely due to service than phone. Were they from the same person?
Photo of Bryan Bradley Brost

Bryan Bradley Brost

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Last Saturday March 21 I sent a text message on my cell phone to my brother in Kelowna from just east of Osoyoos asking if he was home and if it was okay to drop in for a visit. I did not get a response back so assumed he must not be home and continued on back our home in Vernon. March 26, his responded text "Yep, we're here today." from March 21 at 1:01 pm arrived. We missed out on a visit. As well my daughter sent me a text March 25 letting me know to pick her up at 6:30 pm from work instead of 4 pm. Her text arrived March 26, a day late. Still puzzled about why such long delays. It seems better to make an actual call for important more urgent reasons.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 96,172 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
"It seems better to make an actual call for important more urgent reasons."

Yes, SMS is a store and forward system which at times has long delays. I have also experienced it with other services such as iMessage on iPhones. Your comment about making a voice call is supported by all folks in industry, and all the Emergency Measures organizations I have worked with, even though SMS uses FAR less bandwidth.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.