data usage?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
so i just got my iphone about 2 weeks ago, and i dont have a data plan. i used probably about 10 minutes in total ( im on a $20 monthly plan) how much do you think my next bill will come up to cause i dont want my parents to be mad if its going to be super high!
Photo of Racquell

Racquell

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,386 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What where you doing during that 10 minutes, it varies alot depending what you were doing.
Photo of Racquell

Racquell

• 378 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
a quick google search and i scrolled through instagram
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 32,056 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Shouldn't be that much... Check the promo plans, there is not a huge difference on price and they have data...
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
depending on how many pictures loaded up on instagram it could add up. If you estimate each picture was 1mb and you looked at say 30, that's 30 mb of data right there and depending on your plan could add a couple dollars to it easily.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 32,056 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you did not use DATA during these days, you may expect a 20$ bill + TAX and also + the prorated charges for those days you used before the billing cycle...

Example: let's say you got the phone on the 10th of March, and the system determined that your billing cycle will be the 15th of each month...

So you will be charged from the 16th of March to the 15th of April = 20$ +
from the 10th of March to the 15th of march = 4$

Total = 24$ + tax
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Actually it's going to be the first bill so it'll be 48 + tax no?
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Where is your math coming from? Why would she be charged $48+ tax? Besides the math he just explained, the system will not set a billing date thats one month from activation and you will never receive a prorated bill that high on a $20 plan
Photo of akaykay33

akaykay33

• 1,192 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hi Racquell

I had the same concern as you when I didn't have a data plan so I'll just tell you my experience. I used my phone for about 10 minutes once just for facebook and a few web pages and wasn't billed for more than a few MBs.

As mentioned above it depends what you used the data for during the 10 minutes you used your phone. .

On your plan Koodo offers a data-saver which is pay per use data. Koodo charges $5 for 25 MBs, $10 for 100 MBs and it goes up from there.

Check out this link: https://shop.koodomobile.com/plans/pl...

As long as you didnt download apps or use youtube I wouldnt worry too much.
Photo of Sarah Goblot

Sarah Goblot

• 62 Points
You can also check your usage on your phone - Settings - General - Usage - Cellular Usage.

One thing that I recommend doing to keep your charges lower is avoid going online unless you can use wifi. Just keep your phone & text on, but wait to do anything else.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.