Data overages for 1 GB and above plans should be billed in blocks larger than 100 MB

• Idea
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Under Consideration
The title is pretty self-explanatory. $5/100 MB isn't a bad deal for the $42 plan which has only 500 MB to begin with. But, when you go to the $52 plan, $5/100 MB starts to sound quite bad. I'd at least make the overage rate the same as the $62 plan ($5/250 MB).

This way, it's still not worth it for heavier users to get the $52 plan over the $62 plan, but the overage rate isn't quite as harsh.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I miss the days when the overages were either $5 for $500 MB or $10/GB. Either way, I agree with your idea.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The $5/250 isn't good for higher priced plans either in my opinion, but I think that the overage on the $52 plan is the most glaring one at the moment.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Agreeing with your idea Ivan. Better overage rates could definitely be implemented.
Photo of Kam

Kam

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Kane, I thought you would never agree with anything! Your not so bad! :)
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,056 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I agree.
People who want more data pay extra for a monthly plan, so it would be nice if they can get a little better overage rate to use more :)
$5/250MB for $42 and $52 Plans
$5/400MB for $62 and $72 plans
Something like that...
Photo of Mannix

Mannix

• 322 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It was $52 for the plan yesterday when I looked, but today it is back to $45 and $10/Gb above the 1Gb
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 115,056 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's a nice plan but...$45 plan for Quebec plan :(
Photo of Mannix

Mannix

Why, is the $45 only for Quebec? I know Fido's competing plan states it is for Quebec, but Koodo doesn't mention it.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The $45 only shows up on the list of plans if you set the province to Quebec.
Photo of Mannix

Mannix

Thanks!!
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unfortinately, I think Koodo released these horrid overage rates to see how far they can gouge their consumers with data overage. I mean if no one speaks up or says anything why would anything be done?I don't think this will be implemented until Koodo gets a negative churn risk due to overate rates with their plans. But regardless I'm so for this! I remeber the overage rates were $5 500MB and $10/GB.
Photo of Moonmack

Moonmack

• 4,000 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
The $5/500mb is one of the things keeping me on the older plan. It's the $45 one with 1Gb of data. I think it's been about a year since we've seen anything that good (wasn't so impressed with the Christmas offerings this past year). It's not so good for really heavy data users but it's plenty for my use and the overage is reasonable if I need a bit more.
Photo of Mannix

Mannix

Moonmack I agree, It's a decent plan, especially when you bring your own phone and reduce the price by $4.50 for a monthly rate of $40.50.
Photo of Kam

Kam

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I favor roll over data. Nobody is gonna hit their usage on the dot. So we loose out when are under. And we get gouged when we go over. I guess better overage rates is a good compromise.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.