Data lock and warning didn't work and went 133MB over my data plan.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: *611 or 1-866-995-6636 mentions

So, I thought I put a data lock or warning on my phone because I have 500 MB to use and I went over by 133 MB but I didn't get a warning and I was told by the person who sold me the phone at Future shop that the data would turn itself off when I got to 500MB. I'm just wondering what the extra charges are for extra data and do I get charged because I was misinformed? What's the deal?
Photo of Rain

Rain

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,464 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Which phone are we talking about here?
Photo of Rain

Rain

Samsung Galaxy S3
Photo of Robski808

Robski808

• 1,088 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Although there are a few possibilities, the first thing to verify is the billing cycle set within the data usage on device.
If that was not adjusted properly, may explain.

also make sure the "warning" is not set to 500mb.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,464 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's probably best to speak with customer service directly on this one (*611). If this is a relatively new device and you're just getting used to it, you may be entitled to a credit, no guarantees though. The built in data counter should only be used as a guide and should never be solely relied upon. You should have received text messages from Koodo warning that you were nearing your data limit as well.
Photo of Rain

Rain

Whoa. I thought it was set correctly but it was set to 5000 MB warning. Wat the heck. *sigh* Well, it's only 5$ extra. I'm quite upset though that the retailer didn't inform me properly.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,634 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You know what you can do? You can set an alert on the self serve in to tell you when you reach 75% of your data plan!
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
And that's why I tend to send people to a koodo shop. Future shop reps have half the knowledge and often seem to care more about the commission since they won't see you again.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.