Data charges

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I thought i was on my wifi but i was actually on my data (which i dont have). How much do you think ill have to pay for using imessage all day and sending three picture messages?
Photo of lpan

• 70 Points
  • sad

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Cast

• 12,740 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Probably very small, but when mobile data is on any applications running in the background will also use data. Wait until tomorrow to check your data usage for today. You won't be charged data for picture messaging.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 137,092 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you're on one of the new talk and text plans, probably no more than $10, data used for pictures will not be charged. If you're on an older plan, could be $15-$20. If you have unlimited messaging, data used for pictures will still not be charged. Customer care can probably do something to help with the charges when the bill comes in, but you may want to consider one of the talk and text plans anyway, since they all include pay-per use data saver in case this happens again.
Photo of Ahmad

• 96,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If she's sending it through iMessage though, she is charged for the data for the picture message.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 101,454 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It is pretty bizarre. Because Koodo, if you don't have a data plan, won't let you use data...
Photo of Ahmad

• 96,062 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you don't have a data plan, Koodo doesn't block you from using data and you still can use data and incur charges.
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you do not desire any data usage, then you can get a data block add-on for free.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Slightly off topic but Virgin now charges $1 for a data block.

My mind was blown. I was like...seriously? So now you either charge customers for data OR not using it at all. How is that fair? I guess if you never turn data on with the device then you'll be fine but that is kind of silly.
Photo of Tonya Thomas

Tonya Thomas

• 60 Points
what do date mean i been getting text mess i say i us $10 of my date i dont know what it mean

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.