Data usage notifications?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Is there any way to opt into usage notifications for 75% of the data usage per cycle rather than 50% then 90%? It's jarring. Listening to my Spotify on-end before getting a text saying I've used 90% of the data included in my package, leaving only 10% to spare is not as they say "shock free", rather than equalized 25% notifications. It's inconvenient for me as I want to sort of plan-out my jamming on the go, and sort of ballpark how many tunes I can listen to. I turn my data off after I'm done my on-the-go jam session, and make sure via a data-mitigation app that Spotify is the only data tank on my phone (LG K4 2017). Is there any way to customize the percentage at which the customer gets notified? I didn't see such a thing in the self-serve.
Photo of Zach

Zach

  • 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • disgruntled.

Posted 2 months ago

  • 1
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

  • 37,942 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
No, you can't. The notification is setup like that https://www.koodomobile.com/datacalculator

You could try to post it in the idea area. Other might have similar problems and Koodo will implement it.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

  • 94,372 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Not as far as I know. What's your data amount to go from 50% to 90% unexpectedly with spotify?

You can use your phone's data monitoring built into the OS or a thirdd party option for more up to date usage amounts to better keep track.
Photo of Zach

Zach

  • 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ah. It's not that it's unexpectedly going from 50% to 90%. I just have a gigabyte of data so arguably it's not much. But the whole point is just getting notified sooner.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

  • 37,562 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You could download some certain song/albums (while you are on wifi) to play offline in Spotify. 1GB is not really enough to stream music daily.
(Edited)
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

  • 91,518 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can also check your usage in Self-serve to see how your consumption is progressing.