data usage not mine

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
My Samsung S 4 died after 10 months.
Took it to Koodo Kiosk in the mall and was happy that I was able to get a loaner phone. However my data usage shows 190 megs used during the time that I was at the kiosk and another 40 megs later that night that wasn't me. I'm about to go over and don't even have data turned on. Has anyone else experienced any thing similar. About to pull my Sim card.
Photo of Dave Finch

Dave Finch

• 72 Points

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Dave,

You can always turn your data off, you can also see whats been sucking up all your data in the data settings. 
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure your apps aren't set to auto update by going into settings of the playstore. It can eat up data quite quick if it's set to auto update. Also make sure if you use FB it's not set to auto play videos by going to the settings within that app as well.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,104 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's possible the rep may have forgotten to disable data before handing the loaner phone to you. Loaner phones are likely subject to a factory reset to clear out personal information from previous customers who have used the loaner phone before you. A factory reset will re-enable data automatically on some Android devices. This could explain the data usage.

You can try calling customer service (*611) and politely explain the situation. They may be able to restore the data that you didn't use. No guarantees, but worth a shot.
(Edited)
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 62,198 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Mantra for the week, since phone lines are busy:

Send a private message on Koodo’s Facebook or Twitter page. The reps have access to your account, which we don’t have on this board, and you will avoid waiting on hold in the telephone queue.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.