Data usage calculation

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
My account has shock free data and 500 mb monthly limit with an iPhone 6s.  The last billing cycle ended January 17.  On January 12th we got the 100% usage notification, which itself put the usage over the 500mb limit.  We did not choose to add more data.  Yet the data was not paused and we have been billed a 5$ surcharge.  

Per the definition on your web site of Shock free data, data usage should be paused unless we choose to buy additional data. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/datacalculator?INTCMP=ShockFreeLNK_RatePlans_ShockFreeData

This doesn't seem to be working.
Photo of Jamie

Jamie

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is this your first bill or did you switch to a shock free plan recently?
Photo of Jamie

Jamie

The account was opened in October 2016 with shock free data and no changes to the plan since then.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,516 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Sometimes the system doesn't stop the data in time and will put through 0.1mb through. If you didn't chose to extend your data and are in fact on a shock-free plan than just give koodo a call and they can reverse the charges for you. This same issue happened for me and i got my $5 back. Best of luck!
Photo of Jamie

Jamie

Thanks Allan! Will do.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 91,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Have you checked in Self-serve to be certain that you do indeed have SFD?  If you have held your plan since before the implementation, SFD was not automatically applied.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 29,328 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jamie - you're indeed on a SFD plan and do get blocked once you reach 100% of your monthly usage. Looks like this was the result of a system outage we experienced the same day that you were charged for the overage. We've applied a credit to your account for the charge - you should see the updated balance when you log into self serve.
Photo of Jamie

Jamie

Thanks Ranjan for clearing that up!