Data overage re: 100MB questions

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: archiving 611

We have $35 plan with 100MB included last month (and other times) we get an extra $5 charge ... last month the phone in questions only used 41MB
Am I missing something?

We have wifi connected at home
Photo of Tracey

Tracey

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,758 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What does it say on Page 3 of your pdf ebill?

Where did you check to confirm that it was 41MB used?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Look on the 3rd page of your bill I believe it is and you will see exactly what you were charged for. If you still can't understand it you could post a screenshot of that portion of the bill that explains the charges and we could help you understand it. Make sure to blackout any personal information though as this is a public forum.
Photo of Tracey

Tracey

Hi Guys - thanks for responding.  
I'll admit I don't have a lot of knowledge on this subject....
41MB is on the Bill... and when we look on the Data Usage History (and add up for the dates within that cycle)   The explanation just says Data Usage on the bill.

I copied this from this from our Bill (page 4 - we have two phones this phone is on pg 4):

Monthly and other charges (Apr 18 to May 17) $35
100MB 200 min Plan SFD $35.00
5pm Evenings & Weekends Additional data $10/100MB
SFD Shock-free Data 100MB
Unlimited SMS and MMS
 Total monthly and other charges ............................................................. $35.00
 Usage charges
 Free airtime refers to non-chargeable minutes that are not part of your included minutes, and may include bonus minutes, evening and weekend calling, *611 calls. etc.
Picture Messaging - Pictures $0.00 Total used 1 (Pic)
 Data Usage $5.00 Total used 41.721 (MB) 

Am I reading this wrong?  Is there something you recommend I check
Thanks for helping me
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 89,450 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Curious if you were in, or near the USA during your billing period? Check to see if you have any 1X data charges. These seem to sneak through even if you have data roaming turned off. There should be no charges for 1X data.
Photo of Tracey

Tracey

I've not made any changes to plan in about six months, and I was not in/near US

Perhaps I should contact Customer Service? 
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,930 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would.
*611 from your Koodo phone , option 5 then keep pressing 0 to get a rep.( 611 doesn't use your minutes)
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,660 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey Tracey,

Did you contact the Customer Service? Are you sure you did not change your plan? Are you the only user authorized on your account. The SFD feature (Shock Free Data) that we can see on your previous comment (100 MB 200 min Plan SFD $35.00), is only offered with our new plans since March 10, 2016. So, a change of plan has been made on your account during the last billing cycle otherwise we won't see "SFD" on the copy of your Page 4. If you've done a change of plan, you probably went over the data included on your previous plan (before the change of plan). If you do not remember the change of plan, please contact us, we'll look into this.

Thanks
Photo of Tracey

Tracey

I will double check the plan on the previous month's bill to see if was changed.  My husband has the other phone, but doesn't remember making a change?!?!  

Thank you for your help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.