• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
I wonder why, having 2 gigs of data per month, with all the apps background restricted, and my data saver on and still, in 2 if lucky 3 days I'm out of my data or just over before I notice going over. Plus I get notified of %50/90 data use and still I don't get no more than this. Anyone know why, or can help explain this, as it is so very annoying. I don't have wifi or home internet and I just like to go longer than 2/3 days
Photo of Alex Drake

Alex Drake

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 11 months ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 83,290 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Your phone has a listing of apps and the amount of data they use. You can find it in the settings menu under cellular, if I recall. This should help you learn which apps consume the most data.
That you do not have access to land-based Internet may be part of the reason for consumption levels. Even fairly light users of home internet will use tens to hundreds of GB per month.
Photo of Alex Drake

Alex Drake

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Yes I realize this, just that I have been doing all the steps to reduce data use and still, it consumes it in a couple days. So frustrating
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 50,350 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
What apps are using all/most of your data?
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 140,672 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
That's weird, Alex. I use about 80 MB per month on average, so it's possible to use less. Have you disabled all non essential Internet communication such as updating apps, uploading pictures and videos, etc?
Photo of Jan Hope

Jan Hope

• 4,336 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Sophia is right. I used to be with another division of Telus Company and I had 1GB add-on. It took me over a year to use it so it is really possible to use very little data if you wish so. Something must be set wrong on your phone. 

It looks like you are not on shock free data plan. Last notification should be at 100%