Data block

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

I want to add the data block to one of the phones on my account, but I can't find that feature. This person using that particular phone is incurring 1 GB of extra data that is not included in his plan, daily! Gotta cut off his data!
And why does koodo not have any talk and text only plans anymore?
Photo of Wilhelm Penner

Wilhelm Penner

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 100,786 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There's usually the 40 a month plan that has unlimited talk text and no data included but it's there as a pay-per-use option. It doesn't seem to show on the add-ons page in koodomobile.com but in self-serve it's still there when you go to add add-ons as a 2 dollar option. Alternatively there is prepaid where you cannot get any data without paying for data boosters.
(Edited)
Photo of Wilhelm Penner

Wilhelm Penner

Your right it shows available in the self serve app for $2 but when I click to add it, it just gives me an error message, says no financial data available or something like that. No idea what that means.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,954 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Wilhelm, can you pls try on our website. The app has been glitchy and we are actually considering phasing it out. Our mobile site will give you far more functionality and it it's just as easy to use. Simply bookmark it on your phone and th icon will appear on your phone's screen.   
Photo of Wilhelm Penner

Wilhelm Penner

I'm sorry. I have tried on the main website but I can't find an add on like a data blocker. It also looks like you have no monthly plans without any data, except for pay per use, and that's even worse.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 82,954 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
This is what you should be seeing as well once you log in Wilhelm:

Once click on "view rateplan" then "manage add-on". This should show up. Indeed we have no plans that are completely "dataless". Not enough people are looking for that nowadays on monthly plans. On prepaid yes, and we do have it.  
Photo of Wilhelm Penner

Wilhelm Penner

Thanks for the instructions. Using my computer I was finally able to find it.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.