customer since may 2013, phone is wore out, and tab is still at 63 bux. will this ever end??

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Positive Tab mentions

Photo of kelly

kelly

• 260 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Kelly,

You can end it any day you want! All you have to do is pay the remainder of the tab to be able to start a new one.
Photo of TorontoKris

TorontoKris

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
call them you shouldnt have a 3 year tab anymore... or pay off the $63
Photo of kelly

kelly

So its a scam, it will never reach zero. Its a percentage off the monthly remaining and not the the initial balance? yeah, I don't think I will be renewing then. 
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 140,132 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Read it again. I never said 15% of the balance. I said 15% of your monthly bill before taxes.
i.e. If your bill is $20, $3 will be credited to your tab. If your bill is $50, $7.50 will be credited to your tab. If your bill is $1000, $150.00 will be credited to your tab. Get it?
(Edited)
Photo of kelly

kelly

so according to Timo after 7 months I should have received 105%.  Mathieu, I will call them and confirm the balance is in the black and not the red, I certainly hope you are right. Thanx for all the advice.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There's nothing to call in and confirm. Look at your tab balance, if it's - 63.00$ then you owe if it's just 63.00$ then you have a positive balance that can be used towards a new phone.

This is an example of a negative tab.

If you started in 2013 then it's almost impossible that you still owe. Existing Negative balances were wiped out in the not so distant past.
(Edited)
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,800 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I feel like you're still not getting it, Kelly. 15% of what your bill is goes towards your tab, not 15% of the tab total. Sa you have a 60 dollar bill, that then 9 dollars your tab goes down by each month. Or 108 dollars a year. As Chad said please double check if there's a minus sign In fro of the tab amount showing, then you stopped owing something several months ago. Doing a little calculating assuming it zero'd out at 2 years, or may 2015, you've been contributing 7ish a month.
Photo of kelly

kelly

I called in even and they confirmed that it is a 63$credit. The max the credit could climb to would be 150$. The Nexus4 won't make it that long anyways, so I guess I get to go phone shopping. Thanx to all who contributed in this thread. :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.