Curve 9320 Network Connection problem

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I have a BB Curve 9320 and lately the network connection has not been good and it take several minutes to send or receive BBMs. I haven't moved so is it a porblem with the phone or the network?
Photo of Barbara Farnsworth

Barbara Farnsworth

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Marcel in O-Town

Marcel in O-Town

• 3,722 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Barbara, what do you mean by lately? Last hour or two, last day or two? Have you tried doing a "battery pull" - turn off the 9320, pull out the battery for about 2 - 3 minutes, then put it back in? I know it sounds silly, but does help with a refresh of the phones memory...
Photo of HippieLongstocking

• 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Barbra it's always good to check the connections as well. If you open up your menu where all your applications are find manage connections, make sure mobile network is turned on, scroll down to network and connections, mobile network, make sure network mode is set 2g and 3g or 3g only. Once this is done change nerwork selection from automatic to manual, scan for networks, if Koodo doesn't come up right away scan a few more times. If all else fails pull out battery and done card while the phone is still on.
If this doesn't with feel free to call in from another line 18669956636 #5 for tech.
Photo of Erwin

• 23,436 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
There have been known Blackberry outages, this could possibly be due to that especially if it is a BBM.
Photo of Barbara Farnsworth

Barbara Farnsworth

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Ok thanks, I'll try the hardboot. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's horrible. Very frustrating. I have not personally changed the connections on the phone, but I seem to be getting dropped calls in my house when previously I didn't.
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,704 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If it's been less than a year, I recommend going to a Koodo store and possibly getting the phone repaired using your 1 year warranty.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.