Credit card error

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • (Edited)
Hi everyone, I'm an existing koodo customer and I'm trying to purchase a new iphone 8 on 2-year term online. To place the order, I used the same card (canadian) that I use for my monthly payments but it says there's something wrong with my credit card information? I've been using this card for a while now and I've never had a problem with koodo payments until now. I've checked and rechecked my shipping address and my billing address to see if i made a mistake, but i havent and it's still showing up as an error. It says try again later (which I did) or go to a store, but then i would have to pay the service fee of 30$. Why make that an option if nothing works on the self-serve system??? Can anyone help me with this??
Photo of Angela Lee

Angela Lee

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Angela,
Are you picking the plan that had the same Tab, you current had? What was the actual "error" message? Could you post a snapshot of it here (delete all personal information before posting pls). Someone or a rep might know the reason.
(Edited)
Photo of Angela Lee

Angela Lee

I pay 30$ plan monthly because it's not under a tab. but to buy an iphone it must be 45$+ so I chose the 50$ monthly plan with the 15$ tab. 
What I dont understand is it is a canadian card and the billing address is the same as I've been using it for awhile for my monthly payments
Do you know the number where i can contact a rep?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,870 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Does your billing and shipping address match that of your credit card?
Photo of Angela Lee

Angela Lee

My address is ### streetname dr apt 8 on my credit card, but on the koodo profile it says suite instead of apt. does that matter because that part i don't have the option to choose it myself
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,870 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Suite and apt should mean the same.  Aside from that does everything else match the same?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,280 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Angela Lee: If you don't have a Tab before and want to add/upgrade to another plan with medium tab, Koodo might want to run a credit check with the credit card. I suspect there were some issues with that process and  created the error.

Either way, you would need to contact Koodo, you could call 611 from your hand set. If you don't want to wait on phone you could try to send message to their facebook/twitter.

You also need to insist that you couldn't do it yourself, when talking to the reps. You  would like the activation fee waived because of the error online.
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,230 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
So it sounds like something has changed with your credit card info. Maybe the expiration date has expired and needs to be updated?

You can call them or use the facebook/twitter links below to contact them to find out what the problem is.
Photo of Angela Lee

Angela Lee

The credit card doesn't expire until 2020 and I used the card earlier today to pay for my monthly payments and it went through. but ya I'll contacting them.
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,230 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ok. You can also call *611 from your Koodo phone and follow the prompts.