Credit balance refund

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Looking for refund cheque for my account which is overpaid.  I transferred the phone to my son and now have a credit that i would like to have sent to me
Photo of deb

deb

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,388 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Usually on transfer of ownership, such adjustments are between the transferring parties. Koodo usually processes refunds on closure of an account.
Photo of deb

deb

They sent me a bill with a credit balance.  I paid the bill in full for the next month and the new owner took over 14 days prior to end of billing period.  So, I would think they did not put the credit on the new owner since they applied it to my account.  My account is closed and the new owner has their own account which I have no access too.  So not sure how I can work this out with the new owner. 
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 17,166 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The owner being your son?
Photo of deb

deb

Yes, my son.  He has the account with access now.  How would I apply the credit to his account even if I had access?  Kodoo would have to do that...like I said how would I work that out with new owner?  Kodoo has control of that credit not either one of us!
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 17,166 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
The closing of accounts and transferring of accounts is confusing. You will have to call Koodo to get this straightened out. If your account is closed and it has a credit, they should mail you a check. I have heard this sometimes does not happen.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,250 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I recommend sending Koodo a private message via facebook or twitter and a rep can look at issuing a cheque for your credit
Photo of TJ Smith

TJ Smith

• 4,502 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
If you still have another line on that account just do nothing; the credit will apply to your next bill(or bills if applicable) and you avoid the extra work for nothing: refund this month (via mail 5 to 10 days) and paying your new bill next month (if you still have another line on the same account).