Cracked screen

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mention

Dropped my phone today and the screen cracked and is no longer working. Is there anything you can do for me Koodo?
Photo of Terri Moore

Terri Moore

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,644 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, a cracked screen isn't covered by any warranty. Your options are to use a device you may have already or use any available positive tab to help you buy a new phone, or upgrade your tab.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 192,756 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or look for a second hand compatible unlocked phone from somewhere like kijiji or Craigslist if you don't have a backup phone or you've used your tab recently an have none available
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 177,710 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or look to a third party to get the screen fixed. But depending on the phone, it may or may not be worth the costs
Photo of samsvoc

• 7,686 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Buy the Nexus 4 if Koodo has any left. Best bang for buck.
Photo of John Burke

John Burke, Mobile Master

• 71,336 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd advise against repairing it yourself.
There's tutorials but if you make one mistake & accidentally damage the LCD behind the screen during the repair it'll cost significantly more to fix that.
I'd recommend shipping it to a 3rd-party as they're usually cheaper than the manufacturer & quicker.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 95,438 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Depending on the phone. A lot of phones now don't offer separate screen components and it's all one assembly so chances are the LCD will have to go.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.