Classic Tab S and new phone wanted w/ no change in current plan set up

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I currently have Classic Tab S. I would like to keep my current plan (which also allows me to purchase 1 gig of data, when needed), but would like to get a Moto G Plus. Can this phone be added to my tab, if I pay off the remaining amount of my current tab?
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 96,172 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yes, you should be able to purchase this phone on Tab Small with your current plan, as you describe.
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

Should is the key word.  When I visit the Koodo Kiosks in the mall, they tell me I need to switch to a tab small, which wipes out whatever my Classic Tab S charges were and makes it more expensive per month.  Is there a code word or a secret hand shake that will clue in the Rep and make this request happen?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 200,236 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
What do you mean by "wipes out whatever my classic tab S charges were"?
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

If I switch to the current Tab Small (see my previous msg as to why I need to switch to the new Tab Small), my 'Classic' plan would be cancelled.  A Tab Small plan w/ 1 gig of date would put me close, if not over, $70.  I'm paying half that now.  I don't need unlimited calling or text, as I'm not a big user of those items.  So.....
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Just out of curiosity, how much is your current plan?

You are be able to keep your grandfathered plan on a Tab S.  If you dont want to change plans, do not let them change it under any circumstances.

The only difference with a new tab, is that you have a monthly tab charge, which is a $10 tab charge every month.

Allan the G Plus is only available in-store
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 65,020 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the catch Dennis!
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

Yes....sounds simple enough...i get this message:
Error 403--ForbiddenFrom RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:10.4.4 403 Forbidden

The server understood the request, but is refusing to fulfill it. Authorization will not help and the request SHOULD NOT be repeated. If the request method was not HEAD and the server wishes to make public why the request has not been fulfilled, it SHOULD describe the reason for the refusal in the entity. This status code is commonly used when the server does not wish to reveal exactly why the request has been refused, or when no other response is applicable.

CAN SOMEONE FROM KOODO CONTACT ME PLEASE!!!!

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

If you need to speak with Koodo, please send them a private message via their facebook or twitter
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

Current plan - Tab - $15 / C.D,V.M., UNLTD MSG - $10 / 1 GB - $10 = $35/month
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

So what should I say when I go to one of the sales reps at the mall kiosk?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Yeah. So you can totally get a phone on Tab Small without needing to change your plan or add-ons.  The rep at the kiosk is probably new or unfamiliar as they dont see customers with plans that old.

If the rep there is unable to help, you can try a different kiosk or ask to speak with a manager.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Tell them that  there is a minimum amount thats required to be spent for Tab M and Tab L.  However with Tab S, there is no minimum plan required.  That all plans, including grandfathered plans are eligible for Tab S without the need to upgrade to a current plan.
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

So if I went in today to speak with them, paid off my remaining tab ($25), what would the Moto G Plus cost me, using a tab?
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 65,020 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Tab Small, $120 up front, $10/month for 2 years for a total of $360. Plus there is tax on that.
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

Classic Tab Small you mean? ;)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

If you get a phone on tab, now it will be new tab.  The classic tabs no longer exist.  So what Allan said is accurate to what you will pay
Photo of Tim T

Tim T

any word on when Koodo will get the Moto G5 Plus?
Photo of Nabil

Nabil, Employee

• 6,908 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tim,

We don't know when/if we will have the Moto G5 Plus. Stay tuned

Thanks
Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,952 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Doubt Koodo will get Moto G5 Plus. It's been out in the USofA for a while. Moto G5 is a Bell/Virgin/Vidéotron exclusive this time, and it's the only Moto G series 2017 phone available through carriers in Canada so far.

Wait for Moto Z2 Play or Moto X4, those will likely go on promo for $0 on a tab medium (similar to what Moto G4 Plus was going for) and then take whichever one Koodo offers on promo. Will likely have to wait until end of summer or fall for these handsets to show up.