Chatr SMS Messages Not Received

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I recently purchased an HTC Desire 320 with a $35 prepaid plan. I've noticed that contacts in my phone receive my SMS messages, but those on Chatr plans see their messages to me as sent but I have not received them in my phone. Is there a setting in my or their phones which could resolve this issue? I have experienced no other issues thus far.
Photo of Ron Poulton

Ron Poulton

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I don't believe Chatr supports picture messages on their cheaper plans so that might be why? Or maybe they're out of funds on their account? Who knows.
Photo of Ron Poulton

Ron Poulton

These are plaintext messages, and they can send texts to me but I don't receive them while they receive my text messages.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
My guess is their base plan is expired. Texts will still go through to them but theirs won't go through until it's paid. That's all I can really think of if it's only one carrier's phones not going through.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That or you accidently blocked them.
Photo of Ron Poulton

Ron Poulton

They have no problems sending to others, and I haven't used the blocking features on the phone (and have confirmed none of my contacts are blocked). I've received texts from all of my other non-Chatr contacts and they've received mine.

I certainly haven't been using this long enough for me to be the only one who's experienced this problem.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,914 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Double check the spam box in your messages folder just in case, if you have not already done so. If they haven't ended up there, call tech support. They have tools that will help tell them the status of intercarrier messages. Your friends night need to have chatr look into it from their end as well, since koodo won't be able to see the messages if they fail before they reach them.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.