charged $120 for a $33 plan

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

This is my 2nd bill from Koodo and I am charged $120 for a $33 plan. Wind is $35 and unlimited and i still went with Koodo $33 plan for 300 minus as i am searching for job and it may be reliable...but $120 is a schoker to me ...Why didn't Koodo inform earlier and restrict rather than charging later...Its a trick..Pl help with reversal...
Photo of Vasudevan Mogan

Vasudevan Mogan

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,070 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you familiar with the plan you signed up for?

Did you used the amount that Koodo said you did?

Are you an adult who can make your own decisions and control your own actions?

If so, then you need to take responsibility for your own usage.

A car can go many km/hr above the speed limit.  Just because the car didnt inform and restrict your car from going over the limit and thus resulting from the speeding ticket, doesnt mean you are not responsible for the ticket
Photo of Vasudevan Mogan

Vasudevan Mogan

Thats an easy way to put it .... i got $33 plan with 300 minutes, thinking that Koodo is reliable..How the heck i am supposed to know that i am going over unless Koodo notifies?

There is a notification for data usage alone, why not on airtime? Because its easy to rip off and screw customers?

Car has Speedometer and my GPS alarms if i go over....so your example makes no sense....

If not sorted by Koodo maturely and letting immature people handle it (with unprofessional comments)...Good Luck Koodo in growing your business!!!
(Edited)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

All cell phones come with call counters.  There is also self serve that will tell your talk usage.  This is better than your land line, where you wouldnt know how many long distance minutes you talked.

I agree there should be a notification. The data one was because that was a big issue due to unknown data usage that happens in the back ground.  For talk you cannot unknowingly make a phone call (at least not easily anymore).

Car has a speedometer and GPS alarms.  Koodo has phone app counters and self serve usage meters.

FYI.  This is a public forum.  I do not work for Koodo nor do any of the views represent those of Koodo.  I speak only for myself.  And my opinion is that adults should take responsibility for their own usage, data or talk.  if you can not then get an unlimited plan or make a cell phone is not for you.
Photo of Vasudevan Mogan

Vasudevan Mogan

I am surprised about your active participation on public forum...Anyway i have not heard about the phone app counter before.

I don't mind paying for my mistakes (if its really something i should not have done)..but in my case above one simple alert could have made me use my partners phone which has unlimited talk time...So i cant accept this as 100% my mistake and i can pay it for legal sake, but not wholeheartedly.

Koodo can find ways to leave chances for customers to go over the limit and rip off, but cant win customers heart!!!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

You should submit the talk notification alert as an idea on the community.  I do agree that there should be one.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
On page 3-4 of your bill, there is a summary of your charges. Did you go over? Where did you go over? Koodo has a self serve app to help you keep track but they don't alert you for minutes just data.

If you're consistent in going over your caps then you may be on the wrong plan for your use. Consider changing your plan, it's free to do so through self serve once per month.
(Edited)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry to see you didn't pick the appropriate plan for your needs. Wind's prices are much cheaper but I think you'll be disappointed with their reception/coverage.
Photo of Vasudevan Mogan

Vasudevan Mogan

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Nah they have installed many new towers and my wife has Wind and its wonderful so far...also i get 2nd line discounts etc...So no disappointments like Koodo & everything is unlimited and no surprises later.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Until you leave your zone
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or make too many short calls while roaming.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Dennis, their roaming charges are no longer exorbitant.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.