changing the plan tabs charges

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

Hello I'm changing my plan, $50 to $40. So they are advertising me that I will lose tab charge. What does it exactly means?

Other question, does I have to pay fees for this changing?
Photo of Rafael Werle Arenhart

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 200,940 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There is no charge if you are changing your plan via Self Serve online.

There would be a charge if you did this over the phone.

I dont understand what you mean about losing the Tab charge. This change of plan should not affect your tab. 15% of your bill should still be contributed to your Tab S or M. If it is a Tab M the $5 monthly Tab charge should remain.
And Tab L should not be applicable as that is $65 minimum.

If this was an older cell purchase then your monthly tab contribution will remain at 10%
Photo of Jeff Caughill

Jeff Caughill

• 662 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
When changing plans there is no fee to change your plan on Koodo self serve, which you can do once a month.

As for your other question when changing from the $50 plan to $40 plan the only loss you will face for your TAB is that you will have less money put against your tab, as generally 15% of your monthly bill is put against your tab balance.

Eg. For your old $50 plan...
50 * 0.15 = 7.50 was taken off your tab each month

For your new $40 plan....
40 * 0.15 = 6.00 will be applied to your tab each month

Thus, there is only $1.50 less being taken off your tab each month for switching to the lower plan.

Cheers,

Jeff

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.