Changing pre-authorized credit card number. What happens to upcoming bill?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
If I am changing my pre-authorized payment credit card and it says it takes a full billing cycle to take effect.

Does that mean my upcoming bill will be automatically paid with the previous pre-authorized credit card or will no automatic payment be made and I will have to pay this upcoming bill manually?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 201,104 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
At least I know right now that there is a message announcing customer they need to pay their first bill by themselves before pre-authorized activates! Tho, the message isn't clear enough.
Photo of Du

Du

• 3,762 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Did this recently...you probably should keep a close eye around the bill due date to see. mine did NOT take a full cycle, it worked within that cycle
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

I have no issue with non-payment or accidentally making a double payment. My concern is if it still goes to the previous card before the new card is in the system
Photo of Khaleila

Khaleila

• 4,102 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hey Dennis,

Just to confirm. When you update your credit card information, it takes a full billing cycle before it's effective. If there's a balance owing at the time of your change, it's best to make a onetime payment with the new credit card. Hope that helped :).

Dennis, Mobile Master

Thanks Khaleila. I just wanted to make sure it doesnt charge the old credit card before the new card becomes effective

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.