changed base plan and paid but it didn't work? the phone plan is not activated

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I used to have the 35$ base plan but this time when re activating I decided to switch to the 25$ one.

At this point my phone was not working because my plan from last month had expired and  my balance was $0.00.

I clicked Top Up > Change Base Plan > I chose the 25$ option and then clicked Top Up To Change Plan.

The payment went through (I checked my bank statement) but my phone still doesnt work and when I log in to Koodo it still says "Your account has expired and will deactivate soon".
When clicking Transaction History on the Koodo website it shows that I payed 25$ to Top Up.

What now? My Balance is still $0.00
Photo of Margo A

Margo A

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • pissed off

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Margo A

Margo A

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled changed base plan and paid but it didn't work? the phone plan is not activated.

I used to have the 35$ base plan but this time when re activating I decided to switch to the 25$ one.

At this point my phone was not working because my plan from last month had expired and  my balance was $0.00.

I clicked Top Up > Change Base Plan > I chose the 25$ option and then clicked Top Up To Change Plan.

The payment went through (I checked my bank statement) but my phone still doesnt work and when I log in to Koodo it still says "Your account has expired and will deactivate soon".
When clicking Transaction History on the Koodo website it shows that I payed 25$ to Top Up.

What now? My Balance is still $0.00
Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

• 18,208 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Greetings Margo, and thanks for getting in touch! Have you tried to check your Balance via the automated system? Could you confirm for for how long your account has been deactivated?

Thank you!
Photo of Margo A

Margo A

Just check the automated system and yes when I call it says my balance is $25. When I tried to top up on the phone I got to the last step which is press 1 to purchase and when I do it says "You seem to be having difficulties" then it goes on to transfer me to someone where I would have to pay to talk to them.
The automated system has a lot of mistakes by the way. Starting to like/trust this company less and less.

Thanks for your help Tayeb. Hopefully the balance will show online soon so I could top up on the website.
My account has only been deactivated for 2 days.

If nothing changes within the next day do you have any other suggestions? Thanks
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Interesting, this has happened to someone else within the last week as well. Koodo needs to properly investigate as it seems like there's an issue with the system right now with some people. 
Photo of Melissa

Melissa, Employee

• 11,748 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hey Margo, is your service working now? If not, can you please send us an email through this secure link http://koo.do/11eMLdy and choose "Social Media" as a category? Can you also include the link to this conversation? We'll be more than happy to investigate further with you.  Thank you :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.