change internet settings on galaxy S2x

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Can I change google.ca Default, to google. com default on my galaxy S2x? If so, could you please give me instructions.
I have tried to make google.com my default browser on my Windows 7 and Galaxy S2x but each time I do this, both browsers revert back to google.ca when I go back in.
Photo of Moto G

Moto G

• 6,066 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
  • happy

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 196,508 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Click on your Google search bar so the phone goes to Google now. Then hit the mean button on the phone and select settings. Scroll down to the bottom of those settings and you'll see a box to check or unchecked depending on which way you would like it set, to. Com or. Ca
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Is there a specific reason for trying to access Google.com rather than Google.ca? There isn't much of a difference.
Photo of Moto G

Moto G

Subtle differences yes. ie Netflix Canada is different content than Netflix.Com. And at one time everything came .com and at some point, for some reason it changed.
Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,100 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Actually, for google.com & google.ca, the functionality remains the same, which is web searching.

Netflix.com & netflix.ca are different because of the content based on licensing.
Photo of Moto G

Moto G

There is content differences between .ca and .com. searches on many topics.
Netflix.com has no problem selling legally to Canadians despite your mention of content "licensing".
And it was Trudeau Senior, who in the 70's, created Ministry of Culturalism to ensure that Canadians are different than Americans.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,830 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
S2x only.

Tap magnifying glass softkey
Tap Menu softkey > Settings > Privacy & accounts
Under the heading, 'Search on google.com' - check the box - to use www.google.com instead of your local domain (www.google.ca)
Photo of Moto G

Moto G

ok I got done. thank you for the help
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,820 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You're welcome.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.