Change the rule to charge for 411 call.

• Idea
  • Updated 4 months ago
On Jan17, when I read someone talked about 411 call. I checked the 411 service on Telus website: it said: https://www.telus.com/en/bc/support/article/directory-assistance-phone-numbers
  • Dial 411 for published phone numbers, addresses and postal or zip codes
  • $2.50 per listing
  • Charges apply even if the number is not found
  • Automated call completion is also available
From my understanding, the $2.5 should be charged only when users access "listing" or actually used the service.

I called 411 and cancelled it immediately. The call registered as a 2 seconds call on my cell. However, this Feb bill showed I was charged $2.5 for that call. Seriously, those were the most expensive seconds in my cellular history usage.

As I didn't "access" the listing, just dialing 411, but Koodo system  charged me immediately, and this didn't reflect on the rule of 411 fee by Telus, and my contract. I think Koodo should change this.

Also, If Koodo charges people straightaway, there should be an announcement to warn people about the charge.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 33,234 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 57,096 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Yea, Koodo charges per call instead.

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

They should charge only when users actually used the service like Telus, Bell... it is easy to accidentally dial 411.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 57,096 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

Ok, I didn't know about Fido and virgin before... But I think Koodo should make a difference here.
btw, I got $2.5 credit back with an agent online as a special courtesy of Koodo.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 89,460 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@Azure
   You realize you linked to the Residential calling feature? The cellular feature states:
  • 411 Directory Assistance routing to the local telephone service centre: Standard airtime charges, plus $2.50 per call (call completion is not available). Directory Assistance will send the 411 listing to your phone via text message at no additional charge. Roaming airtime charges apply in US (not covered by roaming passes)
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

@David, I mentioned it upfront in the Telus Link already
Photo of Jru Gordon

Jru Gordon

• 9,038 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
who uses 411 these days?  Just look up the number online.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,316 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 31,796 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The idea was not about the existence of 411 but how it was charged.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,908 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Happened to me once. I understand that it would be better, but don't know if it'S actually feasible.