Can't access to the Data Service of Koodo with my unlocked BB Bold 9780

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I paid for a Data + text+ talk montly plan with koodo. My cell was with Telus before and I think it had the Enterprise service on it.

I do know that the Data option is activated on my phone.

I've changed the APN to sp.koodo.com.

First, does BB Bold 9780 v.6 support the Kodoo Data Service? It says on the koodo website that the configuration should go by it self with a BB...

Don't know what to do.
Photo of Sophie C. Davignon

Sophie C. Davignon

• 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry you're having trouble Sophie,

The first thing to do is run the imei through koodo's unlocked phone tool to ensure the phone is even compatible with koodo's network. Since your phone was with Telus we already know it's compatible, but for people in the future who may be experiencing a similar problem and aren't using telus phones I'll post the link, you can skip it.
Here is the link to that:

http://koodomobile.com/en/on/switch2k...

Now let's assume it is compatible. Are you on prepaid? Prepaid data doesn't work on non BlackBerry 10 smartphones. Let's assume you're on a postpaid account.

Next we need to make sure you're on a BlackBerry Specific Plan. These special plans include provisioning services that connect your BlackBerry to BlackBerry Internet services. You'll need to log on to self serve and check the name of your plan. It should end with BB indicating that is is BlackBerry

Let's assume you're not on one. Change your plan to one that is BlackBerry specific and then turn off your BlackBerry. Restart it and once it comes on:

You'll next need to do the host routing registration.
To do this, go to options > device > advanced system settings > host routing table > press the Blackberry menu button and select register now.

Your data services will need to be on. Once you get confirmation has been sent, it should only take a minute to receive confirmation back. If you don't receive anything back, do a battery pull and the registration will be complete. (thank you mykec)

That should do it. Let is know.

Chad

----------------
If you see a good answer, give it a star! Tks.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 140,062 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The apn for a blackberry also needs to be bb.koodo.com.
Photo of Julie-Ann Cristine

Julie-Ann Cristine

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I did all this and still my phone comes up with an error stating I don't have a plan for the services... what could i be doing wrong
Photo of MykeC

MykeC

• 20,174 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey Julie, you must have the blackberry version of the rate plan in order for data to work correctly. If you have this and data still doesn't work, then it just comes down to the fact that the data won't work. We can't guarantee data services on non-Koodo phones and troubleshooting is limited.

Julie-Ann Cristine

it started working, thanks for your time

Julie-Ann Cristine

I have the BB version of the rate plan swapped my curve for a torch... so basically, my data wont work and there is nothing I can do?
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Did you check the website to see if your phone is compatible with koodo?

Julie-Ann Cristine

Yes it was a Rogers phone , now unlocked using my koodo sim card its a BB torch 9800, and it says it's compatible, and everything is working with the exception of the data (other than wifi)
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 140,062 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You did go to the mobile network settings page and make sure that data is switched on, right?

Julie-Ann Cristine

Yes ! Thanks everyone for all your support... it just started working, and I am not sure what I did to make it work. But I am no longer receiving the data error message and I am browsing on the koodo network, without my wifi connected. Happy again!
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Great! Glad to hear you got it working!

Julie-Ann Cristine

thanks again for your help, I was hoping I wouldn't have to switch to another phone.. my curve was so outdated!
Photo of KeShayne

KeShayne

• 60 Points
I jus got a blackberry curve 9360 from a friend as a replacement for my old phone. With my old phone i can use bbm but now with my blackberry i cant, I even have the blackberry social add on. Why wont my bbm work?
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
1. You need a (BB) plan if you don't already. Those plans have special codes for your data to work on older BBs.

2. Go to settings, advanced options, TCP/IP settings and make sure the APN is set to bb.koodo.com

3. Go back to advanced options and select host routing table. Then hit the BB menu key and select "register now".

4. Make sure data is turned on. Test it out.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.