I am trying to change my voice mail message. The menu options to do this SOUND straightforward, but they don't actually do what they say they do! What happens is:
- I call my voice mail and choose the option to manage my greetings.
- From the menu that gives me, I choose to 4 to delete my existing greeting.
- It gives me a warning that this will delete my current greeting unless I record a new one, and says to press 2 to do so. Since this is exactly what I want to do, I press 2.
- I record my new greeting.
- It says I'm listening to my greetings (which I'm not, that was a completely different option I could have chosen earlier!), and offers me no choices except to listen to my current greeting or go back to the previous menu. There is nothing that acknowledges in any way that I just recorded a new greeting, or otherwise indicates any awareness of the context.
- If I listen to my greeting, it's still the old one, not the new one I just recorded!!!
- When I listen to the end, there is no option to switch to the new greeting I just recorded, or anything like that.
- I throw the phone across the room in frustration.