Can't access self serve

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
Ordered my sim and have received order and shipping confirmation with tracking info. I tried to make a self serve account but it says
"You're still waiting to be approved
Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved.".
I don't know whats wrong but I think I need someone to allow me permission or help me set it up. my order number is HFO19460312
Photo of Mintoo

Mintoo

• 144 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,212 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You probably had an old account use that email address that you provided. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to have it reset so you can use another email or have the old account fully deactivated.
Photo of Mintoo

Mintoo

That could possibly be the case but I am not 100% sure. I have tried both Facebook and Twitter and have yet to receive a response. Hoping someone would see it here and help me out.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,584 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Usually takes 24 hours to get a response as there's only so many ppl manning the social accounts so be patient they'll get to you
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 12,684 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You are going to have to call Koodo to have this fixed. Or maybe a rep might see your post here and be able to fix it.
Photo of Mintoo

Mintoo

Apparently calling them if you dont have a Koodo number yet doesn't let you contact them. I have called many many times and I only get put through to the prepaid call lines and they have been no help and have no clue about what im even talking about. Hoping someone here will see it since Facebook and Twitter didn't pan out.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 91,212 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can't do 611 but you absolutely can call the toll free number. That makes no sense. I don't know why you'd be told that.

When did you contsct Facebook / Twitter? We cannot help you with account issues. Only employees who happens o be here but they're still a bit limited based on being able to verify your identity.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 28,768 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Mintoo - looks like you received your order before the SIM was activated.. also, as Goran suggested, you have an old account with us which this email address is linked to.
I will detach the email from that line, making the process easier, but you will need to wait to set up your self serve until the account is active and you receive an email with instructions for set up. Please be sure to follow the link in that email vs going to set up directly online. I'll flag this with the web store team and see if you can be set up shortly. 
Photo of Mintoo

Mintoo

Thank you for the quick support. To be honest I saw that you were posting right now and posted this in hopes you would reply quickly. Sorry for clogging the forums. 
Photo of Mintoo

Mintoo

I have received the email now asking to complete the registration. When I hit the "Complete your registration now" it takes me to a Koodo page with the error saying "oops, something went wrong"
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

The email may have been triggered prematurely as I updated things (detached from your old account, and assigned to the new one). I see that the account is still tentative - waiting to be activated. Hang tight until that's complete. Sorry for the confusion. 
Photo of Mintoo

Mintoo

Okay, will do. When will I know when to go ahead and complete the activation?
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

You should get a new email once the account is activated.. however, if what I just did overrides that, you should be able to use the email you just received, once your phone is up and running. If for some reason neither option works, message us back here and I'll look into it.