Cannot receive photo texts on my Samsung Nexus S

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

People try to send me text messages with photos in them and they don't appear at all - I don't even know someone was trying to text me. Why can I not receive photo texts?
Photo of Ashley Elliott

Ashley Elliott

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you have data enabled? Your phone requires data to send and receive pictures messages so if you have it disabled (settings, wireless and networks, more, "use packet data" or "data enabled") or blocked at koodo, you won't get the messages but you should get a txt notice that they sent you a message.
Photo of Ashley Elliott

Ashley Elliott

• 60 Points
Data is enabled. All my other data services work and I don't get a msg telling me someone attempted to send a photo text... :(
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,402 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Then it's a network issue. Call tech support, they'll probably need to submit a trouble ticket.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Navigate to "Settings--- Wireless and Networks---Mobile Networks--- Acesss point names" And check to be sure Koodo.sp is selected.

The settings should match what I post below:

APN: sp.koodo.com
Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
Port: 80
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http ://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
Port: 80
MCC : 302
MNC : 220
APN type :

If after you've verified that all of this is correct, if you still have issues, Contact tech support (don't worry, it's free) and let them guide you through possibilites and troubleshooting. Let them know what you've already tried.

You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337.

Hours of Operation

Monday – Friday: 10am - 9pm
Saturday: 9am - 7pm
Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Photo of Ashley Elliott

Ashley Elliott

I had all of those specs set exactly except at the end of the mmsc url i didn't have /mmsc - it ended at /koodo/... (had seen those details on the koodo help site previously)
I changed that and will see if it fixes it
thanks!
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Send yourself a picture and see if it works
Photo of Ashley Elliott

Ashley Elliott

nope still doesn't work. will call tech support. thanks all

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.