cannot save and then retrieve call logs, text messages etc from phone to computer htc desire 601 to windows 8

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
i cannot save my data such as call logs text messages etc, to my computer. it says it is yet i have no access to any of it, i cannot see what was supposedly saved and certainly have no options to then open it on computer to view or print the info.  i have htc desire 601 and want to save it on windows 8. my htc sync manager sucks.  it seems to show me photos i took on my cell however there are no call log dat files, no text files, absolutely nothing.  is there an app i need to download that would make this process user friendly for someone like me?  what the heck am i doing wrong?  it says i saved nothing to my sim card though i saved a thread of 314 messages from one contact to sm card, which in turn erased the whole thread off the cell.  really?  why is this so difficult to use?! i need this for my business, to document what calls i made and to what numbers so i can prove i made the calls in case of auditing.  i use this as a business phone. please help. koodo sent me message saying service update in a few days so backup as things will be wiped. some company wide thingy going on.  and i cant save my stuff! its an emergency!  oh and i am a monthly package not prepaid cards. if thats important. 
Photo of carol day

carol day

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • worried, frustrated, panicked

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you read that message koodo sent you it was concerning your Voicemail messages and not your calls and texts.. Follow the instructions they sent you if youneed to ssave your voicemails.

Try using this app to backup and archive your messages and call logs. I believe it saves them in a format readable in Excel

https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Photo of carol day

carol day

thanks chad i was still freaking out though cause i thought it was working but wasnt and holy smokes. ok so the app you suggested works thank you so much now new question. when reading the logs its formatting is weird on the computer. whats the best app/program for reading the logs that come off it.  using wordpad on computer does best for me but still weird. my excel wont read the files at all.  is there a specific program on my windows computer that would give me proper format of reading the logs? or is there a specific version of excel i would need to read the logs in easy to read format? thanks again yay, half way there!!!  i should also ad, the way it reads on wordpad is not printer friendly at all, its all one line scripts with all kinds of coding symbols etc. hard to make sense of but if that's all i can get i'll do my best. just hoping for more easily readable format, and printing friendly. thank you!
(Edited)
Photo of carol day

carol day

yeah, i don't seem to have same version of excel they use on videos it has less features than the videos, so that's my problem thanks.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Give up on excel and try open office

It's free and full and open source.

WWW.OPENOFFICE.ORG

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.