cancellation

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I just got a new phone from Koodo a couple of days ago and now find out that I have to go out of the country on an emergency.  I am not sure when I will be back.  Am I allowed to cancel my phone so quickly if I pay of the tab in full? 
Photo of jane

jane

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,100 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If it is within 15 days you can return your phone for a full refund and cancel your service.  However you will still be charged the pro-rated amount that you have had service
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,392 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you just got a new phone but have been with Koodo for awhile then yes, you can cancel and the remaing tab balance will be put on your next and final bill.
Photo of jane

jane

but I would like to take the phone with me to India.. would Koodo unlock it for me and let me pay off the tab within few days of purchase?
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,006 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You can call in to Koodo to cancel.  Note that you will need to pay back any new activation gift that was also received.  See Robert's reply below regarding unlocking
Photo of jane

jane

Thank you Dennis.. Fortunately I didn't get any activation gift.. I am just worried that because it is just a few days old there might be a penalty to cancel

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,006 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No penalty.  You just pay for the time you had your service (plus any overages).  As long as the phone is still in excellent condition you can return for a full refund.

Or you can pay out the tab, and keep the phone, but it will be locked to Koodo/Telus
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,920 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Usually, you need to wait at least 90 days in order to unlock a phone.

Is it an Android or an iPhone?
Photo of jane

jane

Iphone
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,100 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
iPhones are difficult (meaning expensive) to unlock from 3rd parties.

You would be better off returning this phone and buying an unlocked iphone from the Apple website

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.