cancel account with tab and with in 90 days after active , and there's $120 activation bonus , do i need to pay that?

• Question
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

cancel account with tab and with in 90 days after active , and there's $120 activation bonus,  do i need to pay that?
Photo of Jiaxiang Zhang

Jiaxiang Zhang

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Rodney

Rodney

• 744 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
id not suggest you cancel u may pay300-800 depending on how much the phone was etc
Photo of Jiaxiang Zhang

Jiaxiang Zhang

Is that just paying the remain tab balance ?
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 42,376 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Jiaxiang: Cancellation terms should be written in your contract, if you didn't see any term relating to the activation bonus, then you don't have to pay.
Photo of Jiaxiang Zhang

Jiaxiang Zhang

It says like : 

You can cancel your service at any time. If you cancel service before paying your Tab, or if Koodo terminates the Agreement in accordance with the Service Terms, any Tab balance becomes immediately due and payable. All other charges owing to Koodo for use of the service will remain due upon the termination of this Agreement.

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 42,376 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
That is the term related to your Tab and Phone service. If Koodo want to charge back they would have to mention the bonus specifically. If there was none, you don’t have to pay it back.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,910 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You just pay for your plan and Tab remaining. No credits will need to be repaid
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,746 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Please let us know how this turns out for you. Several other people have asked the same question, with contradictory answers even from customer service.
Photo of Jiaxiang Zhang

Jiaxiang Zhang

I bought a phone($240) with tab, and I received $120 activation bonus. So only $120 went to the tab balance. 
Now it only passed 2 months, and I'd like to cancel the account. So do I need to pay the $120 bonus back with the remain tab balance 
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 62,906 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No. You don't need to pay back activation bonuses.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,910 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Like I said above. You just pay for your plan and Tab remaining when you cancel

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.