Canada/Cuba/US text

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
I'm from Canada and will be travelling to Cuba in April. I have a friend who I want to keep in touch with in the states and am wondering how/if this is possible. I know the WiFi, is iffy, especially the resort I'm going to... Any help is appreciated!
Photo of Janey L. MacLean

Janey L. MacLean

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 58,994 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can pay the pay-per-use Koodo rates, sign up for EasyRoam to have access to your Koodo plan while in Cuba, or just simply use your wifi and apps like messenger.
(Edited)

Janey L. MacLean

Great! I was hoping it'd be that easy, thanks for your quick reply!
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 58,994 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you wish to use Koodo's services read this article on what you need to enable:
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/easy-roam
Otherwise, enjoy your trip!
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 16,584 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If you want to use the pay per use rates make sure you add the international voice roaming and international data roaming to your plan. Both are free. Easy roam is in there too if you want that.
(Edited)

Janey L. MacLean

I'll probably just add the easy roam add on, but thanks for the tip!
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 64,024 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Whoops... local roaming coverage usually lets you make local connections as well as ones back to Canada on Koodo roaming. Someone will have to clarify if your Cuba => US link will work without going thru hoops. Texting probably OK, but voice????

Janey L. MacLean

I'm just looking for a way to send messages, I'm hoping the WiFi will be good enough, but just in case! Thank you!