Can I transfer a grandfathered plan?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a pretty wicked data plan that is too much data for me. A friend wants to take it over because it's not offered anymore; can I transfer it to them and start a new plan?
Photo of Zoë Lowell

Zoë Lowell

  • 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

  • 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Call into customer service to request the transfer (give your friend's name) and then your friend can either do it on the same phone call or they can do it within 10 business days. They would need 2 government IDs (passport, DL/provincial photo card, SIN #, Canadian CC, permanent resident card) to do a credit check. If they cannot sustain a Tab, then they'll have to pay it off before accepting the transfer.

Keep in mind that the phone # transfers over too, so if you don't want to give it up... then you're stuck.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.