Can i still put my cdmi phone on the network and for how long. i have a Motorola v120 i only ever used for a week

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of J.Z

J.Z

• 3,124 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
From what I understand it depends on where you live. I don't believe the network is shut down anywhere yet, and may not be for a while, but re activating your phone may not be as easy. Just call and try.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
As long as you're on postpaid (you have bills) then yes. You can do it in Self Serve. Log in there and select Mobile Phone Tab, then look on the bottom left corner for "swap my mobile phone" and follow the instructions.

The other thing is you might need to program the CDMA device. I'm assuming you used this with Koodo back in the day? If it still has the same phone # on it then you won't need to. Just make a test call when you're finished swapping it. If it doesn't work after swapping it, then let us know. Maybe even call customer service for the programming codes.

P. S you can do this pretty much as often as you want (SIM cards can even be reused as long as they're active every 90 days) and have it for as long as you like, but the CDMA network is being shut down by next year so you'd have to use a SIM card phone eventually.
Photo of J.Z

J.Z

How long does it take a after I make the change on self serve
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's usually effective immediately. Maybe just a small delay (up to 15 minutes or so).
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The device will have had to have originally been a Koodo phone otherwise it will not function on Koodo's CDMA network. It can not be unlocked
Photo of J.Z

J.Z

Yup thanks

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.