Can we text back and forth if we take our phones to the United States?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Paula Devereaux

Paula Devereaux

  • 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,652 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sure, but you will be paying for roaming charges.

Here are the details:
Photo of TtDd15


  • 1,822 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
you can text to other countries from within canada, as that is koodos service territory, anything you do outside of canada will be extra charges as you are no longer using koodo but another company such as AT&T
Photo of Paula Devereaux

Paula Devereaux

  • 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you. I appreciate your help. Not the answer I was hoping for, but.... :-)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

  • 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you're on postpaid, you can also add roaming passes that enable you to call or text at discounted rates so if you intend to use it somewhat frequently down there you can add those. Check them out here:

If you're on prepaid, then unfortunately there's no roaming possible and below is your only option.

Or, you can get your phones unlocked (if they aren't already) and then get prepaid US SIMs from T Mobile, AT&T, or their flanker brands that will likely give better value at the expense of having to swap out a SIM and take a different phone #. It's up to you.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.